So now that you are on Twitter you’ve probably followed coworkers, clients, and friends. But you may be curious about more then what your coworker did over the past weekend.
You’re lucky: Great thinkers, legislators, celebrities, sports stars, scientists, and entrepreneurs all have their own Twitter feeds, and you can catch a glimpse into their daily lives by simply following them.
Here are 7 interesting folks who will get you started if you aren’t sure whom to follow:
- Conan O’Brien: The late-night talk-show host is certainly one of the wittiest people around. He’s also a master of the absurd. That said, his Twitter comments are always entertaining. You’ll be happy to know, too, that he never promotes his show through his Tweets.
- Marissa Mayer: You may not know of Marissa Mayer, but she is the first female engineer at Google. So if you would like to get a glimpse into the life and thoughts of a technology expert, follow @Marissamayer.
- Mike Massimino: Follow @Astro_Mike, if you need to get the inside scoop about NASA. Mike Massimino is an astronaut who recent made an appearance on The Big Bang Theory, which he then tweeted about.
- Rainn Wilson: Fans of NBC’s The Office know Rainn Wilson as beet farm owner and top salesman Dwight Schrute. He also runs one of the more entertaining Twitter feeds available at @Rainnwilson. An example of a recent Tweet: “If I had a bird, I would call it James VanDerBeak.”
- Ryan Penagos: Are you a comic book fan? If so, you may want to follow @Agent_M. Penagos. This is Ryan Penagos’ Twitter; he is the editorial director of Marvel Comics. He’s a busy Tweeter, updating his followers about his favorite comics and new video games that are coming out.
- Barack Obama: You can get a peek at the everyday life of the Commander in Chief @BarackObama.
- Bill Gates: Bill Gates has produced an undeniable impact on the tech world. Learn what’s going on in his life and about the charitable causes he and his wife support @BillGates.